Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon looksee 8-12-13
[quote Hookbaiter]So maybe I'm a rookie but I'm curious as to why you have so many poles on your rig. I usually take a spare just in case but wow I counted five! No disrespect, just curious.[/quote]

[#0000FF]I mean no disrespect but your question is a rookie question. Most serious and experienced anglers take multiple rods on most trips. But if anybody can get by with only one or two rods then that is a personal matter. Whatever floats your tube...errr boat.

To be more specific, two of my rods are heavier and are rigged for dragging bait for catfish. With a two rod permit I sometimes drag two baits at a time. The other three rods are different weights and actions...rigged for fishing light plastics and/or heavier plastics or crank baits.

Over the course of a day's trip I often drag a bait on one rod while pitching lures with the other. And with three different lure rigs I can alternate without having to rerig every time.

I caught fish on all five rods yesterday. Typical. I would never leave home without them...or more if I could conveniently carry them.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lindon looksee 8-12-13 - by TubeDude - 08-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Re: [Hookbaiter] Lindon looksee 8-12-13 - by TubeDude - 08-13-2013, 11:29 AM