Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek...a Paucity of Perch 10-7-13
[quote flygoddess]People always say, a bad day on the water is better than any day at work....but I think a bad day on the water is much worse. It is super stressful, and annoying specially when you see fish on sonar but they will not bite.
Anyway, got to have these days to make the better ones noticeable...LOL
No skunk smell is a bonus.[Smile][/quote]

[#0000FF]I do believe that ANY time on the water is better than the same amount of time spent doing ALMOST anything else. But I agree with your statements about a bad day fishing not being any good at all. Maybe okay for someone who gets very little time to go fishing and just enjoys the heck out of being away from work or other unpleasantness.

I am retired and probably go fishing more than most. I have had plenty of both good and bad days on the water. Thankfully, more of the former than in my earlier and less experienced years. But even when I have a less than stellar day I am cool and philosophical about it. Like you say, bad days make the better ones more enjoyable. One of my fave expressions has long been "You gotta taste the bitter to appreciate the sweet."

I'll bet you could have scored some 'bows with your long rod. There were enough around to make it worth the effort. And I have seen you in action. You got a way of catching trout when others ain't.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [flygoddess] Deer Creek...a Paucity of Perch 10-7-13 - by TubeDude - 10-08-2013, 02:27 PM