Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Whitefishing 11-30-13
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000][size 4]On our long way home from a wonderful day on the Bear, TubeDude and I were commenting about how every trip we learn something ... even after all these years. I got a few more tips to add to next year's "Tips and Tricks" post.

I was pretty certain that my old go-to crappie jig would out-fish TubeDude's pony road runners. As predicted, TD and BLFG both started out the day using TD's ponies and I with my crappie jigs. It was pretty hard to admit defeat, but after I had only caught one and they each five, it was time to tuck my tail between my legs and ask for one to tie on. What's even worse, is that TD had already given me a baggie full of them and I left them in the truck because I was certain that my limit would easily come in on my little tubes. But anyway, I started catching a few more once I switched up. It's always good to be schooled by the best. Those are the best lessons.

Here is what I seen BLFG do lots of times yesterday:
[inline Scott-Lifting-From-Net.gif]

I know Pat posted this pic but I think it's worth showing again:

[inline Pile-O-Fish.gif]

Pat and Scott made QUICK business of filleting them. Here is one of Pat's fork tricks:

[inline Pat-fileting-with-fork.gif]

And, as I write this reply, this is what's smoking in my smoker:

[inline Smoker-Full.gif]

Wow! what wonderful trip! Great weather, plenty of fish in the boat and most of all, a chance to fish with two of my all-time fishing mentors ... TubeDude and BearLakeFishGuy. I remember years ago, when TD was living in Arizona and posting stuff here on BFT, I always wanted to fish one time along side of him. Then once he came back to Utah and settled down, I still wanted to fish along side him but just never did. So this was great.

TubeDude and BearLakeFishGuy, you two guys are rock stars in my book! Thanks for the day.
[/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake Whitefishing 11-30-13 - by TubeDude - 12-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Bear Lake Whitefishing 11-30-13 - by Old_Coot - 12-02-2013, 02:09 AM