Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question(s) About Wind Directions
[#0000FF]First of all, it sounds like you are relying on generalized weather forecasts from local media. They are not what you want for planning a trip. Try to find an online weather source that gives more specific info. I use [url "http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USUT0273:1"]Weather.com[/url] a lot. Not always accurate but if I look at readings for several locations around the place I plan to go fishing I can usually get a better feel for what I might encounter. If you look up their forecasts for daily or hourly winds they will look something like this.[/#0000FF]
WIND:NNW at 11 mph[#0000FF]

If you are familiar with the water you plan to fish, you will know what a "typical" day is...in terms of wind directions and wind speeds...and how they change under "normal" conditions. If you spot a forecast that deviates a lot from "normal" it can be either good or bad. Amazing how north winds on one water are the kiss of death...but can be the best wind direction on other waters.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Question(s) About Wind Directions - by Old_Coot - 12-04-2013, 03:12 AM
Re: [Old_Coot] Question(s) About Wind Directions - by TubeDude - 12-04-2013, 02:41 PM