Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tube Hockey at Willard 2-18-14
Sadly - I too feel your pain. My obsessive enthusiasm exceeded the younglings patience - once, twice, thrice too many. So my boy's missed out on the Bluegill boils at Mantua sunset, the drop-shot non-stop perch mayhem - paired with wild toothy deadstick excitement - as well as getting into the fat-cat runs, dives, and rolls, the Friday night fights with Bass Crappie and Carp on the Bear. Though I was tickled by he and his buddies hitting a local puddle for a Carp catch-n-stomp. Don't tend to encourage cruelty to aminals, but . . . there's a time and place for everything.
Turn turn turn.

This was one fine day at Willard. "Drove" around the lake in the heat of summer. He complained even his iPod quit from sun-bake. Tried to explain - "you're hot? water is cool - jump on in!", no go.
Watersports - some lessons to be learned from the Powersquad that goes out, parks up, and tosses out the inflatable dock for diving and sunbathing.

[inline 100_0711-400.jpg]

My daughter doesn't care for the hooking business, even feeling sorry for poor worms getting a poke.

I just posted this on[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=866405;page=2"] another thread,[/url] so won't repeat myself, but the first story has a great lesson in love when it comes to kid-time.

[center][inline "Love is spelled Time.jpg"]
[/center]
I think the lesson I missed learning early enough - was to "make it about them", not about the catching. Missed my focus.

One of my greatest joys was summer camp when I was "all grown up" - in High School, and my dad came to "family camp" after camp. After the many years of Lake Michigan Breakwater perching, Forest preserve Suckers on the river, to Florida deep sea adventures, I was able to take HIM out on a row-boat on our small camp-lakes, and guide for him, while HE fished, and showed him how we'd caught bass and bluegill, snakes, and turtles all summer long. A return on a gift.

Messages In This Thread
Tube Hockey at Willard 2-18-14 - by TubeDude - 02-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Re: [TroutBumDave] Tube Hockey at Willard 2-18-14 - by CoyoteSpinner - 02-22-2014, 05:59 AM