Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach Launch 3-24-14
"I'm thinking with an 8 lb eye you will be eating really well tonight, how are you planning on fixing this half?"

[#0000FF]I have a variety of ways I fix walleye...depending on the size and thickness of the fillets. Tonight I took one whole fillet and cut it into chunks. Then I sauteed it in garlic butter...seasoning with salt and seasoned pepper after cooking...and with a bit of lemon. Just like halibut. Large firm flakes. And soaked up the pan drippins with some fresh rolls. Now I'll lay around and listen to my arteries harden all night.

I also like to "soup bake" the large thick fillets. Put them in a deep glass baking dish and cover with cream of onion and/or cream of mushroom soup. Then bake at 350 for about 45 minutes to an hour...until the fillets are flaky.

Otherwise, you can just slice the thick fillets into mini steaks...julienne style...and then grill or fry to make the fixins for tacos...or whatever. It's all good.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln Beach Launch 3-24-14 - by TubeDude - 03-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] Lincoln Beach Launch 3-24-14 - by TubeDude - 03-25-2014, 12:00 AM