Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon Flats Cats 4-10-14
[#0000FF]Tubebabe wanted to make her first tubing trip of the year. And Lindon is kinda traditional. She loves those kitties. In spite of sorta slow action lately she picked a good day and a good place to smack some cats.

We got launched by about 7:30 am. Air temp 45 and water temp 55 inside the harbor. Dropped a degree in the main lake. Water level average about 4 feet inside the harbor. A few carp showing on the surface but several clumps forming outside the channel. Getting about time for that stuff.

Tubebabe elected to stay closer and fish the flats to the south of the dikes of Lindon Harbor. I motored down to the bubbleup to try to find some walleyes or white bass. Found neither. Nada, zip, zilch. I did find several tightly packed carp clumps. I actually drifted right down on top of a couple in my tube. Got a couple of closeup pics. Also had one big fat humpback female (Lindon dorado) slurp a jig and bend my stick for a few minutes. Future bait.

After about a half hour of seeing no fish on sonar and getting no love on plastic I put out a bait rod to drag a minnow while I pitched lures on the first rod. About 8:15 the line popped from the clip and I was soon bendo on a kitty. Just as I was removing the hook Tubebabe announced on the walkie talkie that she had just netted her first cat. Skunks begone.

We went back and forth for the next hour or so. First she would catch one and then I would. Difference was that she was using two bait rods and I was only using one. But she caught the two biggest...both about 26 inches. We usually release anything over about 24 inches so those are still swimming.

A bit of a SW breeze started to pick up...as it often does in late morning down there. So I left the buoy line of the bubbleup and started fishing two bait rods, while working my way slowly back to the harbor. I had 4 cats in my basket and Tubebabe gloated that she had 5...not counting the releases. So I found a "zone" and smacked several more nice smoker size kitties in short order.

I ended up catching about 10 and keeping eight. Da Babe done good...catching 5 nice ones and 2 more bigger ones. Definitely a good first outing for her, even if she didn't catch a 10 pounder like she did on her first trip last year. She was happy...and that helps keep me happy.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lindon Flats Cats 4-10-14 - by TubeDude - 04-10-2014, 09:40 PM