Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon Flats Cats 4-10-14
[#0000FF]Those beads are from Cabelas. They are made for walleye fishing...rigging crawler harnesses, etc. And I started adding them when dragging minnows in hopes of attracting more walleyes. They do work on walleyes...sometimes. But they have also accounted for grundles of catfish, wipers, perch and other species. Something about that color combo really increases visibility and attraction. Sometimes I also add a lime green bead.

I actually caught at least 2-1 on beads vs no beads today. On other days they seemingly produce less action than a plain bait with no beads. The fish will let you know.

I know Yote likes a bit of bling on his offerings at times. And I know lots of walleye guys who rig blingy and catch multi species.

And yes, there are times when fish will pick up a beaded bait while it is just sitting on the bottom. But I seldom remain stationary. I am usually dragging the bait with occasional lifts and drops.

There is something else you should look into, if you have not already. Those are Lil Corkies. They are floating plastic round lures designed for steelhead and salmon. But a lot of us Utards have found they are great for fishing a minnow or crawler up off the bottom...with a small sliding sinker above a barrel swivel. Okay on clean bottom but if it is snaggy you will do better fishing under a bobber with beads or a "bobberhead jig". Another one of my innovations.

Good luck on Cutler. I think the warming trend will be getting cats more active all over.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lindon Flats Cats 4-10-14 - by TubeDude - 04-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Re: [gmwahl] Lindon Flats Cats 4-10-14 - by TubeDude - 04-10-2014, 10:22 PM