Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon Flats Cats 4-10-14
Nice run TubeDude and TubeBabe. Now ya done woke em up, or done woke up the wishful armchair anglers who'll likely be out in force this weekend!
Sorry the only "eye" you carp was a carpilicous one. Reminds me of the giant squid peeking over the deck of a grand schooner!

I do like a bit of flash under bobber. No point wasting em if bottom soaking. But I generally find I can get a better lip-set off the hook when bobber fishing, while a sliding sinker rig - by the time they take it and run it was oft well down the gullet, so it's either sacrifice the rig or sacrifice the cat.

I took TD's alternating bead pattern and extended it to include spinner blades. I've tried various styles - the fluorescent orange and green have worked, but I think my best results have come with hammered silver, but tops with hammered gold/bronze. I've mirrored something of TDs perch pattern colors with dots - orange/green/black - maybe an eye spot.

Though if I'm still fishing the blades aren't spinning, but I figure a bit of chop when it's a bit windy (and is it ever not?) makes the blade bounce under a bobber - something to catch their eye through the muddy muck, then something to catch the olfactories when they close in, and a circle or octopus hook (red) to catch their lip when the chomp down.

Sorry the photo is a bit fuzzy, but think you can get the idea.
[inline "Perch Pattern Blades.jpg"]

I've tried beads - no blades, single blade with beads - even some double blade setups - figure they'll clank on each other - ringing the dinner bell if you will.
[inline "CoyotesKittyBling - 400.jpg"]

I usually like to pre-tie some leader setups, and string them on a round holder - like the first pic. The just clip one on and go. If it gets snagged or breaks off - I just clip on another.

My lastest attempt is to try my CapSpinners under a bobber - bit more space between blade and hook, plus the added clink of some BBs in a beer cap. I'll be sure to let you know how they do.
[inline "CSC.Final Lineup.jpg"]

No any of you southern Cat Contest anglers have to burn your eyes out and forget everything you just heard. This post will self destruct in 15 seconds.
BOOM!

Messages In This Thread
Lindon Flats Cats 4-10-14 - by TubeDude - 04-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Re: [gmwahl] Lindon Flats Cats 4-10-14 - by CoyoteSpinner - 04-11-2014, 04:11 AM