Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethanol and Boat Motors
When I got my first motor it is a Coleman 2.6 hp four stroke. I used premium with Marine Stabil. I used it a lot, and at the end of 2012 I went for a fishing trip. I ran it 7 miles up river and fished all day. I was out of gas when I got there. I carry a small fule cell made for gas that is about the size of a large pop bottle. I poured it in and fired it up. After about a mile it died. I messed with it and got it to start and it ran for about 2 miles and died. Well I was spooked because I have never rowed a pontoon 4 miles into the wind. I worked on it and got it to go and that time it ran the rest of the way. I got home and dumped the gas out. Then I pulled the plug and it had a brown varnish on it. I looked into the hole and the piston was covered with the same brown crud. I put it away and didn't use it until the spring of 2013. That was when I found REAL gas. Here is a web page to help you find it. http://pure-gas.org/
I also got a new motor that spring and it was a Johnson 4 hp two stroke. I have never used ethanol in any small engine again. I called Coleman and they said that their motors were made to use it but they didn't recommend it.
I have all the ethanol free sites in my GPS and I will drive 20 or more miles if I had to not to use it in my 1988 toyota pickup or my small engines.

If I were you I would go out of my way to keep that poison out of my motor. You will be sorry if you don't. Ron
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Ethanol and Boat Motors - by Bigtrout5 - 05-22-2014, 01:13 AM
Re: [Bigtrout5] Ethanol and Boat Motors - by idahoron - 05-22-2014, 02:23 AM
Re: [FindFish] Ethanol and Boat Motors - by hizah - 05-22-2014, 03:05 AM