Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocky's Reef and the cat house
[quote fish_fear_me2]Looks like once again one of your new ideas is a hit with the fish. Their vote is the ones that matter. I haven't caught a cat at willard this year which is unusual. Good report, glad ya found a few in the cathouse[angelic][/quote]

[#0000FF]Thanks. I have been messing around with that system long enough that I am confident that it is sometimes the best way to go...especially for fish like crappies that tend to float a bit up off the bottom. I will be playing with it on Utah Lake soon...slightly modified for the shallower depth.

The cats have been less evident on Willard this year. My first two trips...in May and early June...each produced only two cats...while I was fishing for them. Guess they are like walleyes and they hit better if you are ignoring them. I was rigged totally for "the other guys" yesterday and couldn't keep the cats away.

I know from past experience that location is a biggie with the cats. I have spots outside both the north and south marinas that almost always produce...almost always. That was the case yesterday. Only one isolated kitty besides the ones at the cathouse. Willard is a big pond and all the species tend to concentrate in very specific areas.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Rocky's Reef and the cat house - by TubeDude - 06-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Re: [fish_fear_me2] Rocky's Reef and the cat house - by TubeDude - 06-25-2014, 11:35 AM