Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocky's Reef and the cat house
[quote CoyoteSpinner]Those whaskaly walleyes are weally wiley with you awen't they!?
Me thinks you've been watching too much late night HBO young man! Cathouse indeed! Hope you tipped well or Mr Hof will have atchya! Wouldn't the Bunny-ranch be more of your Starvation Wabbit Gulch wanderings?

Nice that they hit ya hard and frequent enough to get a rise out of ya. Grillin or smokin? Some folks enjoy a smoke after a roll around the cathouse!

Rocky - dig the Shark-Teeth. Did it come that way, or your own amendment? Should make the Powersquad think twice! Or not...[/quote]

[#0000FF]Most folks who have hooked a few walleyes become very familiar with their ability to arrange their own early releases. They are adept at opening their mouths and shaking their heads to dislodge those pesky perforations. That's why the more learned amongst wallieholics try to keep them swimming with their heads down before they bring them to the net. Impatient or unknowing anglers lift them to the surface and then watch as they perform their Houdini routines.

The one I lost yesterday was probably just not well hooked to begin with. Unless you get them in a tough tissue around the outside of their mouths the hooks do not penetrate the bone inside. Small hooks only grab a bit of flimsy skin inside the mouth and tear loose on a headshake.

Tipping at the cathouse? Well, does tipping the jigs with worm or Gulp goodies count? Seemed to work okay with the resident cats.

The cats from Willard are some of the best I have eaten anywhere in the country. I prefer them deep fried but also "scampi-ize" them...slow saute in garlic butter. They come out so white, flaky and tasty that I would put them up against almost any other fish you wanta compare them with. Had a small batch last night. Yum.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Rocky's Reef and the cat house - by TubeDude - 06-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Re: [CoyoteSpinner] Rocky's Reef and the cat house - by TubeDude - 06-25-2014, 11:47 AM