Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning madness at Lindon 7-1-14
[quote panamagixxer]Sorry guys, one of those "power boat" people - Ranger z518c. My father in-law is in town for a week and wants to go fishing. I usually fish bass, but that's not his thing. Was thinking of going for cats, I guess using worms, white bass meat if I can catch one, or maybe anchovies from Wal-mart. Figured I would use a circle hook and put it on the bottom.

Thoughts or direction, cats are something I usually don't focus on.[/quote]

[#0000FF]If you don't think that catfish will forever tarnish your image as an angler, you might read the attached. Some suggestions for bait, rigging, etc.

The good news is that almost any bait will catch cats at some time and at some place. And some cat fans develop personal preferences based upon personal experiences. Bottom line for Utah Lake is that "natural" baits...foods found on the regular menu...will usually produce better than exotics. Yes, shrimp works fine. But it is costly and doesn't usually catch more or bigger fish than carp meat or white bass meat...or minnows. All of the channel cats I caught yesterday were on worm-tipped jigs. But, as you have been advised, if you fish only nightcrawlers you will be pestered by a lot of fish other than channel cats.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Morning madness at Lindon 7-1-14 - by TubeDude - 07-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Re: [panamagixxer] Morning madness at Lindon 7-1-14 - by TubeDude - 07-02-2014, 04:58 PM