Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach Food Chain 8-28-14
[#0000FF]Thankee for the kindly comments. But don't worry about trying to understand me. I get carried away and don't always understand me either. Being married a long time will do that to ya. Ya get used to your wife understanding you so well that you don't have to any more.

I get what you are saying, however. There are a lot of things I take for granted and tend to blather on without explanation...for those who haven't experienced things which are common to myself and a few others with whom I fish. And I plead guilty to excessive use of "jargon". Must be about as bad as trying to understand a conversation between today's teenagers.

Sorry, I don't have a TubeDude to English dictionary but if any of my ramblings don't make sense to you feel free to ask...on the forum or by PM. The only dumb questions are ones you don't ask and you end up working harder or paying more.

One of the great things about fishing...if you are a true student of the sport...is that you can spend a lifetime learning and still have new things to learn on every trip. And I still learn new things almost every day...and from almost everybody with whom I come into contact.

Now, some of the new things I learn are probably just relearning. As you suggested, I do forget. And the older I get the more I forget. The upside of that is that you make new old friends every day and you can hide your own Easter eggs. Found a couple this year that I had hidden two years ago. Nasty.

Hang in there and keep reading the board...and posting when you can. We have a good group of knowledgeable anglers here who are usually not bashful about sharing insight and experience. As you accumulate knowledge...and posts...you will see others joining in and asking the same things you once asked...and you get to help them. That's the circle of life at BFT.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln Beach Food Chain 8-28-14 - by TubeDude - 08-28-2014, 10:12 PM
Re: [akammerman] Lincoln Beach Food Chain 8-28-14 - by TubeDude - 08-29-2014, 07:16 PM