Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17 Sturgeon..13 6' or longer
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]My son and I drove to Idaho after work on Tuesday so we would be ready to fish Wednesday morning. Beautiful morning…no wind and the sturgeon where jumping all around us. My son caught 5 sturgeon Wednesday the largest 7’ 8” and the smallest just over 6 feet. I caught a 7’, a 4’ and had a big one break me off. I would have caught more but I was experimenting with some different bait (won’t use that bait again). [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][inline DSC03803R.jpg]
[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]I think all but 2 of the sturgeon came to the surface and stood on their tail and tried to shake the hook out of there mouth. What a sight to see.... a 7 foot fish come straight out of the water!![/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][inline DSC03797R.jpg]
[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][inline DSC03799R.jpg]
[/font]

[inline DSC03808R.jpg]

[font "Times New Roman"]

[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Thursday was another nice day. Good to see Kent again and meet Neldon. I first went sturgeon fishing with Kent many years ago and have been 4 or 5 times with him over the years…thanks Kent for introducing me to the thrill of sturgeon fishing. My son caught a 7’ 6” sturgeon and I caught a 7’ 8”, a 7’, a 6’ 6”, a 6’, and a 4’. I got up to 98 degrees in the boat and the water temp was 71 degrees. We did catch a few bass on the side as well as perch. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][inline DSC03785R.jpg]
[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Friday we fished until 2:00 pm and my son caught a 4’ and I caught a 6’ 7”, a 6’ and a 5’.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Nice trip…a little on the hot side but very little wind made up for the heat.[/font]
[inline DSC03812R.jpg]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]In 2 ½ days of fishing we caught 17 sturgeon with 13 being 6’ or longer. My left arm was sore. When we get a fish on we pull up the anchor and let the fish and the drag on the reel do the rest. Typically the battle last for ½ an hour or so if the fish is 6’ or bigger. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][inline DSC03813R.jpg]
[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Kent's boat in the background. [/font][font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
17 Sturgeon..13 6' or longer - by luckybob - 09-01-2014, 07:07 PM