Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To spear...or not to spear?
In my opinion, I'd say inexperienced fishermen are far more damaging to a ecosystem than even very skilled spearman. I can't even begin to list the amount of times I've seen people grab great fish by the gills, drop fish in the dirt or yank a hook deep from a fish's gullet...

Even on this site I've seen many people laying fish in the dirt to take a picture of it. Just cause the fish doesn't immediately go belly up doesn't mean that the stress doesn't still kill it.

I feel like this argument comes down to "their way of fishing hurts our way of fishing, so they can't do it anymore." which is juvenile.

When there is no actual statistical data showing any substantial impact it seems silly to force a group to purchase special permits, follow special rules and stay out special "angler's" waters.

Heaven forbid the wake boarders of Utah rise up and decide that having to dodge fisherman impacts their enjoyment and force us out of their waters except at certain times and certain areas.

Also I'd love to see the whole all kids under 13 can have a free pole rule regulated more. I'm tired of seeing these groups of people that harvest fish after fish from the dozen poles lining the water, while their twelve kids are playing. Clearly the kids have no interest in fishing and the grownups are just taking advantage of the limited presence of the DWR. In 7++ years of fishing I've only seen DWR officers twice. (I know it isn't their fault.)

Hmm yeah I'm tired g'night BFT
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
To spear...or not to spear? - by TubeDude - 09-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Re: [TubeDude] To spear...or not to spear? - by MarineSpear - 09-13-2014, 07:06 AM