Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To spear...or not to spear?
It's laughable that the spear fishermen continue to claim that they have a minimal impact on the fishery. Deer Creek's big fish have been DECIMATED by spear fishermen. Sure there's just as many bass and walleye in Deer Creek now as there was before, but there are NOT as many big bass and Walleye.

The issues that have been brought up are glossing over the fact that spearfishing is not fishing it is hunting.

If you don't believe me about either of these issues "google" spearfishing Deer Creek reservoir. Take a look...

Sport fishing requires that the fish takes action and bites some time of lure or bait. Spearing is just that, spearing. There's no coming back from a spear.

Snorkeling and scuba diving are awesome and personally I'm fascinated by both but the second someone shoots a fish it becomes hunting.

I understand the need to hunt. But the reason that hunting is regulated so heavily is that there is no catch and release.

Simply put, spearfishing IS fish hunting and should not be allowed for game fish in Utah PERIOD.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
To spear...or not to spear? - by TubeDude - 09-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Re: [gmwahl] To spear...or not to spear? - by ifishutah - 09-15-2014, 03:05 AM