Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To spear...or not to spear?
[quote ifishutah]It's laughable that the spear fishermen continue to claim that they have a minimal impact on the fishery. Deer Creek's big fish have been DECIMATED by spear fishermen. Sure there's just as many bass and walleye in Deer Creek now as there was before, but there are NOT as many big bass and Walleye.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Actually, what's laughable is the fact that you make a claim without backing it up with irrefutable proof - as in valid research studies involving data gathering and analysis that there is, IN FACT, an impact - large or small.[/#800000][/font]

[quote ifishutah]The issues that have been brought up are glossing over the fact that spearfishing is not fishing it is hunting.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]So I 'Googled' up a definition of fishing. Oops; sorry, you loose. Here's the Wikipedia version: [/#800000][#000000]"Fishing is the activity of trying to catch fish. Fish are normally caught in the wild. Techniques for catching fish include hand gathering, spearing, netting, angling and trapping."[/#000000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000]
[/#000000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000][#800000]If you would be so kind, please supply us with the name of ANY state that requires any person engaging in spearfishing activities to purchase a hunting license as opposed to a fishing license to do so. Enquiring minds want to know. [cool][/#800000][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

Messages In This Thread
To spear...or not to spear? - by TubeDude - 09-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Re: [ifishutah] To spear...or not to spear? - by dubob - 09-15-2014, 01:59 PM