Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To spear...or not to spear?
[quote utahgolf]why are there only 4 other states that allow the kinda spearfishing that we allow here in Utah? Is that saying something about our poor regs or something else? To me, spearfishing is for anglers who have given up and want an easier way to take a big fish because it is easier! I don't care how hard they make it sound, I could go spear giant largies and big curious smallies at quite a few places but that takes the fun out what makes those fish special, the fight they put up!!! But it's legal and they have the choice and right under current regs! If people don't like it, than show up to the rac meetings and voice it.[/quote]

Prove us wrong. Put on a wetsuit and scuba gear or just a plain snorkel and go see how easy it is. Its not easy by any means. And for giving up. Most guys I know that spearfish are avid anglers and love to go wet a line as well. There is a challenge in both sports. It is fun in different ways. Unless you have tried it you can not make that argument and if you have tried it your better at it than the rest of us because it is just not that easy.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
To spear...or not to spear? - by TubeDude - 09-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Re: [utahgolf] To spear...or not to spear? - by DeadI - 09-15-2014, 09:33 PM