Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To spear...or not to spear?
[quote utahgolf]why are there only 4 other states that allow the kinda spearfishing that we allow here in Utah? Is that saying something about our poor regs or something else? To me, spearfishing is for anglers who have given up and want an easier way to take a big fish because it is easier! I don't care how hard they make it sound, I could go spear giant largies and big curious smallies at quite a few places but that takes the fun out what makes those fish special, the fight they put up!!! But it's legal and they have the choice and right under current regs! If people don't like it, than show up to the rac meetings and voice it.[/quote]

[#0000FF]Most states have different regulations. That is as it should be. Different waters, different conditions and different species. But the one thing that fish and wildlife management agencies have in common is that they want to maintain the best situation for the greater number of anglers who buy licenses. In some cases they have allowed spear fishing and then shut it off because of real or imagined problems. In other cases they have chosen to never open it up to spearfishing for fear it MIGHT cause problems.

Bottom line, each water and each species is deserving of individual consideration. Can't just make blanket statements that cover all.

And it ain't as easy as you might think to spear big bass...most of the time. But when they are shallow and on the beds they need protection.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
To spear...or not to spear? - by TubeDude - 09-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Re: [utahgolf] To spear...or not to spear? - by TubeDude - 09-15-2014, 10:10 PM