Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To spear...or not to spear?
Like I have said already. I am new to the sport of spearfishing and really found it enjoyable for diferent reasons I like to go cast a line. I know that we are not all going to agree on this issue. I would hope however that when we meet out there in the water that there is respect on both sides of the ball.

I would be okay with the state having spearfishing have some sort of registration maybe something similar to the online system they have for the extended archery deer hunts. This way they can find out for sure a closer number of how many spear fishers they have out there, and at the same time get a survey from them on the harvests. If they were to do this for a few years they would then be able to have hard data that they could then use to look into weather or not there is a problem.

Maybe then some of our silly arguments will be able to be put to rest.

To answer the post of how many small mouths of 4 lbs I have caught. The answere is none. I don't fish for bass. I mainly trout fish. Everyone I have talked to that spearfish (which is quite alot on a spearfishing forum) can not believe how lucky I was to get that fish. Guys that spearfish that lake a number of times during the leagal season have told me they have seen large fish but have not been lucky enough to connect. So I guess that makes me either very skilled (which I dought) or very lucky.

I have enjoyed the discussion and I think that it is good for every one to be involved in bettering the fisheries that we all enjoy in this state.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
To spear...or not to spear? - by TubeDude - 09-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Re: [doggonefishin] To spear...or not to spear? - by DeadI - 09-16-2014, 05:09 AM