Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 BFT Flotilla #5
Jeff, for me personally I would rather not have this at Mantua. Ramp, dock space, parking are all rather on the small side. Plus the $5.00 launching fee required. Now, I don't mind hitting Mantua a few times during the year, but on a Saturday (any Saturday when the weather is warm) that small pond gets pretty busy with power squadron, swimmers, bank tanglers, etc. and parking and launching can become like dodge boats. The $5.00 fee isn't a big deal, but if we want to have a cook out as part of this, Mantua doesn't have any picnic facilities (does it?) (I've never seen any). My vote would be for Willard Bay, and using one or two of the day use picnic areas. I think most BFT members have annual passes and that would cover the entrance, boat launch, and picnic facilities. At WB no one would need to act as a guide (like on the river last year) and the way some of the BFT gang has been dragging in the fish the past month, shouldn't be any problem getting fresh fish for the chow down? Any way that's my 2 cents worth.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
2015 BFT Flotilla #5 - by SkunkedAgain - 04-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] 2015 BFT Flotilla #5 - by Tin-Can - 04-23-2015, 05:57 PM
Re: [Tin-Can] 2015 BFT Flotilla #5 - by BadMagik - 04-23-2015, 06:08 PM