Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fillet Knife Recommendation
Hey Gary I'm sure glad to hear you're still out there, been worried about you since I haven't heard or seen much since your operation in March... Hope all went well there for you... Are you getting out much lately? Got the Kokes dialed in on the gorge by now? Hope you're able to get back after them....

Hey appreciate your knife recommendation and I have one of those, but I bent the tip on it trying to fillet (carp) for catfish bait and the end of the knife likes to bow back up on the tip side so it doesn't lay flat against my cutting board when I'm trying to skin the fillets and so I leave meat on the skins... I'm probably just doing something wrong, but I wondered if I used a stiffer knife if it would stay flat against the cutting board... I try using one of those electric Mr. Twister fillet knifes and it works pretty well, but I don't like cleaning them up and it also doesn't cut as clean as I'd like to.... Guess I hate wasting any meat and would like to do as good as I can at getting it all.. That's part of why I'm a slow filleter...

Anyway I hope you're back on the water and hope to run into you again soon.... thanks so much for the advice, it's probably just me and the way I use the knife, because I see lots of reviews saying stiffness is not a good thing in a fillet knife... Anyway catch ya later... J
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Fillet Knife Recommendation - by SkunkedAgain - 05-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Re: [wyoguy] Fillet Knife Recommendation - by SkunkedAgain - 05-28-2015, 04:53 PM