Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camp Bartlett/Montpelier Area
It has been several years since I was there at Bartlett. There is a large lake in the center of the camp with rainbows. I did good then with a casting bubble on a spinning rod and a Black Panther Pistol Pete fly about five feet back. Vary the speed. Let it sit. Twitch it so it jigs, and then reel in a turn or two. More fish were caught on the dam end in deeper water. An expert fly fisherman was catching a lot on a fly rod, but I could never figure out what he was hitting them on. A report from 2 weeks ago said the fishing was poor. I don't know if that is true or the fish just weren't biting and active feeding.
There is a smaller lake down the hill to the North but they limited access to it and tried to keep everyone away from it except for the older Varsity and Venturer scouts who use it as a High Adventure base. I got permission to take our troop's camp friend down there from the Camp Director as long as we kept it quiet. We caught a lot of small trout with the casting bubbles and small bead head nymph type flies.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Camp Bartlett/Montpelier Area - by HD7000 - 07-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Re: [HD7000] Camp Bartlett/Montpelier Area - by acey - 07-21-2015, 05:51 AM