Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Fishery Info
"PS: Is there something about the first name Chris?? Chris Crockett, Chris Penne, what's the deal there ?? Do you need to have a first name Chris to be a DWR Bio ??"

[#0000FF]Intermesting fernominon. Definitely a couple of top notch DWR folks. But plenty of others with differment names.

I agree with your assessment. The DWR guys and gals I have encountered (many) have all been dedicated, knowledgeable and helpful. Haven't always been able to say that but in recent years they have attracted and retained a pretty good crop.

It has been my observation that Utah anglers who are unhappy with DWR...and/or have nothing but bad opinions of them...are usually those who are concerned only about their own personal agendas. And those agendas are seldom based upon good biology or the reality of living in a desert state.

Having lived and fished around the whole country I have had the good/bad fortune to have interacted with state fisheries personnel from a number of other states. And I know a bit about what is expected of them and what they earn. I am amazed that our Utah DWR folks continue to hang in there...in the face of so much political stuff and hassles from the public...for the comparatively lower pay scale they get in Utah. Surprised more of them don't jump ship for higher paying positions elsewhere.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard Bay Fishery Info - by TubeDude - 08-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Re: [Therapist] Willard Bay Fishery Info - by TubeDude - 08-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Re: [Therapist] Willard Bay Fishery Info - by PBH - 08-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Willard Bay Fishery Info - by Razz - 08-07-2015, 04:44 PM