Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighting up Lincoln Beach 9-10-15
[#0000ff]Did a short planning trip to Lincoln Beach this morning. Met BLK on the ramp. We exchanged pleasantries and game plans and split up. He headed for the island. I drove around looking for a spot to launch off the rocks. Found it and got launched by about 7ish.

Water temp was still about 65 at launch. I was hoping for a lower number and maybe some anxious walleyes. Nope. The lack of company from the wallie whacking waders should have tipped me off. When they show up, it is time.

Did the usual. Soaked bait on one rod and pitched plastics on the other. Got plenty of action on both today. No walleyes on plastic but got a dozen or so white bass...up to 12 inches. Most smaller.

Had a few baby white bass. Went through all of them and a good size package of carp meat too. Only missed a couple of "inquiries". The cats were active and never took too long to come calling after I lobbed out a bait for their enjoyment.

I quit counting at a dozen and caught several more after that...until I ran out of bait. Then I started dragging around a "hangershot" rig with a weightless tube jig...sweetened with crawler. Got several more cats on that...including a couple of my largest ones...just over the two footer mark. What a hoot on the medium light rod and six pound line.
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][#0000ff][b]And no cleanup mess cause they are all still swimming.
[/#0000ff]
Made it back to my vehicle about noonish. Water temp had risen a couple of degrees...67. Met up with BLK as he was coming back in. His story was pretty much like mine. Lots of friendly kitties up to about 25 inches. Ran out of bait too.

A nice day, good fishing and a free air show. A couple of ultralight aircraft cruised by fairly close. Looked and sounded like a couple of big damn skeeters.
[/b][/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lighting up Lincoln Beach 9-10-15 - by TubeDude - 09-10-2015, 09:54 PM