Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling motor suggestions
I am kind of in the same boat as you. I have a #30 Minn Kota with a flipped head that I used on my old 8ft Pontoon. This year I have bought a new 9ft pontoon and it is bigger and heavier than my old one as well as I weigh 285lb's so the motor has too push a lot of weight. I have been worried about my #30 thrust but so far it has worked no problems.

I run mostly at a 1 speed and it has worked well for slow trolling. Occasionally I will run at 5 to get off the water quicker and the motor will pull me at a good clip though the water. I have noticed that the battery loses it charge a bit faster but I am using an older battery so it might be due to that. If this motor ever dies I will most likely upgrade to the #40 mentioned above.

I recently added one cool thing to my setup and that's a tolling motor foot switch so I can stop the motor with my hand without turning back to work the handle on the motor. This works extremely well and I don't know why I didn't add one a couple years ago when I first got my motor.

Mark
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Trolling motor suggestions - by moby_dick - 05-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Re: [moby_dick] Trolling motor suggestions - by MBM1969 - 05-24-2016, 09:57 PM