Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISH LAKE PERCH TOURNAMENT
[quote SBennett]
Another note of caution, many will bring family members who do not respect the proper 'techniques' and etiquette of ice fishing. ...you will get neighbors that will move in on you way too close. Worse yet, the football/frisbee/ice skates/etc will come out and in that shallow of water your fishing will slow down.
My advice, do whatever it takes to put distance between you and anyone else. [/quote]

I guess my advice to Bennett is to remember that this is a fishing derby that attracts a ton of attention. If you are trying to put distance between yourself and anyone else -- THEN THIS IS THE WRONG DAY TO FISH!

This is a fun tournament. It is a family friendly tournament in which people should expect a large social atmosphere. If kids (and adults!) are tossing a football or frisbey, or out enjoying some iceskating, I would recommend to join in on the fun!
If people notice you catching fish and they start to encroach on your area -- they are doing it because they aren't catching fish! Instead of being a Scrooge, help those people catch some fish!

Again, this is a fun event with a large crowd of people. If you want solitude, don't go to the Fish Lake on perch tournament day.

I think I'll take a football this year and toss it with my brothers while the kids fish.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
FISH LAKE PERCH TOURNAMENT - by bulldogslc - 11-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Re: [SBennett] FISH LAKE PERCH TOURNAMENT - by PBH - 11-28-2016, 03:58 PM