Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FL Keys in December
I've been down to the Keys most years since 1984. Some of those trips especially when my son was very young I also had limited time to fish during the day. However don't forget night fishing. Winter is the dry season so storms aren't a huge issue and before midnight (and sometimes all night) usually still in the 70s. Try the various cuts, channels and bridges. Just be aware old Seven Mile Bridge (one of the most scenic spots in Florida) is closed for renovations until April. You also don't have the same issues with traffic backing up later in the evening or have to worry about the sunscreen. One of my most memorable fishing at night was when I pulled in an octopus in the mix. Now ask Jim where he went as a break from Keys Guiding? Not sure which he liked better but my favorite winter fishing in south Florida is 10,000 Islands in the Glades. Won't get down this Christmas but I just booked a trip for February split between the Glades and the Keys. 10,000 Island is a commitment unless you hire a guide (I never have). However I started my son out in a tandem kayak at age 5 for overnight kayak fishing and camping trips. He graduated to his own kayak at age 8 although once with 30 mile an hour winds crossing Sunday Bay I had to tie his kayak to mine to get him across.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
FL Keys in December - by jamon_negro - 12-01-2016, 01:16 AM
Re: [Tarponjim] FL Keys in December - by chinook - 12-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Re: [chinook] FL Keys in December - by Tarponjim - 12-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Re: [jamon_negro] FL Keys in December - by riverdog - 12-11-2016, 01:37 PM