Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
float tube vs. pontoon
You have probably either taken your pontoon back, or are using it by now, but I wanted to weigh in. I am a 61 year old women. I got my pontoon because I wanted a watercraft I could launch and retrieve it without help, motor around and explore & sight-see or row/paddle for some exercise.

I know many floaters and pontooners car-top or assemble on sight, but I have a simple flat bed trailer (craigslist $250) easy to float-on & float off from any boat ramp, and once I learned to back it up...super easy. I can push it around in the driveway by hand to garage or hook up. I also added a 7" pedestal and swivel for my seat which allowed me to mount the battery in the center under the seat for better trim and weight distribution. Also allows me to turn sideways to steer, which is comfortable and has 360 swivel which is great for photos

I named it Looney Toon. It has plenty of room for all my stuff ( mainly camera equip) everything stays dry, even me. I attached some pix below of my set-up and a great fishing spot on the Waccamaw river near Conway, SC I am in the process of making a front motor mount which I hope will improve comfort and help with tracking but what I am currently is OK.
Good Luck!
Toongirl
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
float tube vs. pontoon - by rusty-hook - 03-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Re: [rusty-hook] float tube vs. pontoon - by toongirl - 08-29-2017, 01:11 AM