Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard, our first 4 species day this year
After my failed attempt to fish Willard with TD last week, Wiperslayer and I got out there today in his boat. We launched at the South marina around 6:30 am to 76.7 degree water temps, it hit 80.7 by the time we got off the water a little after noon. Not many boaters out today but I did notice the water level has dropped about two feet and they are finally letting some water into the lake again. Water is about as clear as you ever see it at Willard. Fishing lipless cranks behind planner boards was the most productive method for us today, trolling at 2.5 mph. It was our best day on the lake this year, first fish up was a 27" carp[Sad], not the best start but hey the shunk was off[Wink]. We then caught half a dozen cats, two eyes and almost a dozen wipers. Lots of surface activity, like Fatbiker saw the other day, lots of shad, balled up on the surface, terns are eating them right off the surface without having to dive for them. Next trip I'll be taking a spinning reel, won't be long before we start seeing full on boils, Good times[cool].
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard, our first 4 species day this year - by wiperhunter2 - 07-06-2017, 12:17 AM