Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oneida trips this fall
I made it up to Oneida a few times this fall before they blew it out with murk and debris. I had some pretty good action at times. The first couple of trips I was fishing lipless cranks and crayfish colored squarebills parallel to shore, banging them off the rocks. Those fish just hammered them. I also got several on jerkbaits, which is always fun.[inline "smallie 2 small.jpg"][inline "smallie square.jpg"][inline "walleye small.jpg"][inline "smallie small.jpg"]
[inline "cannibal small.jpg"]

The last time I went up there, the water was down at least 10 feet while they worked on the dam. I was a little concerned about finding the fish as most of the spots I usually catch them on were now dry land. I was doing pretty well at first throwing suspending jerkbaits.
[inline "smallie jerk.jpg"]
I hooked something big on one, and the fish just slowly peeled off line and headed for the bottom. I let it run, figuring it would tire itself out, but it unfortunately must have found a dead tree or boulder down there and I ended up never seeing the fish and was out a Slender Pointer (a killer smallmouth jerkbait). After that the jerkbait bite slowed, but I popped a nice eye snapping a crayfish colored tube off the bottom which was a bit of a surprise. [inline "tube eye small.jpg"]
[inline "big eye small.jpg"]
Never did catch another fish on it, but a little Keitech Swing Impact on a 3/16 oz head got the job done.
[inline poser.jpg]
Oh, and I watched a deer swim across the reservoir. That was pretty cool.
[inline "deer small.jpg"]
As I mentioned before, the water is back up, but it's super murky and full of junk, so I think I'm done up there this year unfortunately.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Oneida trips this fall - by gstott - 10-20-2017, 07:38 AM
Re: [gstott] Oneida trips this fall - by gmwahl - 10-29-2017, 09:14 PM
Re: [gmwahl] Oneida trips this fall - by gstott - 10-30-2017, 06:05 AM
Re: [gstott] Oneida trips this fall - by gmwahl - 10-31-2017, 09:40 PM
Re: [gmwahl] Oneida trips this fall - by gstott - 11-07-2017, 05:52 AM
Re: [gstott] Oneida trips this fall - by cpierce - 10-20-2017, 02:34 PM