Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad day at otter creek 5/19/18
Went to otter creek over the weekend with my dad and 3 of my boys. Maybe we jinxed ourselves by getting pulled over by UHP on the way for speeding, cause the rest of the day was slow.... anyway we hit the lake about 745 and headed towards the dam area. We were in about 37 fow and temp was 54 degrees. We had every line set up with a little different like usual to try and find what the fish are going for. I also had one pole set up with Jakes, spoons, flies, meps, and any other thing I could think to throw at them. I finally got a hit on something I don’t know the name of around 9but lost it. But that was it. Nothing was working. So we decided to head to the north part of the lake. After about 25 minutes my 11 year finally hooked one but he likes to make the fight better by using a 5’ Ultra light rod so since he can’t control it as well he chased it around the boat and I could ]not get my lines in fast enough so he caught my lines and the a nice little 19" rainbow, which would be our only fish. We stayed there til around 1045 and then down the east side to the south and started marking fish so we tried that area but as I give it away already we didn’t catch anything.
The lake was crystal clear and ice smooth almost all day. The water got up 56 degrees by the time we left. We talked to one guy at fish cleaning station that was cleaning 6 I believe and he said they caught about 35. He was trolling in 18 fow and just kept going up and back catching 4-5 fish each pass. My dads boat isn’t spent up for trolling unfortunately though someone said he could drag something but he refuses to do that. So days like today when trolling is probably the better way it’s bad for us. This was the worst day we’ve had on otter creek. It’s the first time we haven’t limited out the I can remember. Oh well the kids were pretty good that’s a plus. And it’s always better than pulling weeds.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bad day at otter creek 5/19/18 - by Mooseman75 - 05-21-2018, 06:10 PM