Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to go in September
For east Idaho get familiar with jimmysflyshop.com for reports and tips on good flies throughout the region including Yellowstone. I’d recommend strongly hitting the Henry’s fork of the snake from warm river down to fun farm bridge (several sections in there and check the regs for what I’m talking about) for some chances at big fish and just nice scenery. A little further north in the island park area there’s good fishing along the Henry’s fork but dig a bit more information before trying to float. There are areas you don’t want to get into. I’d recommend the south fork of the snake but it’s not really good for a canoe float in my opinion but call jimmys flyshop and I bet they will have great ideas for walk in fishing. If you want a more like home feel with small stream fishing try birch creek north of mud lake. Lots of willing smaller fish there. A trophy is 1#. Another stream to consider is the Teton river. I’m not familiar with it much but I hear good stories from it. Again jimmys would be a good resource. Between Boise and McCall there’s the payette river and the weiser. The weiser is small but I had fun early summer catching some small trout. No information on courdelene area. As for glacier national park I’d definitely go there if you can. Not for fishing necessarily but because it’s just truly incredible! I enjoy it more than Yellowstone or Grand Teton. The scenery is breathtaking. However be prepared for snow (that actually applies all these areas but definitely in glacier). We got sleet there the first time I went and that was the second week of August. Finally be bear aware on this trip if you’re camping. And please don’t pet the moose, ride the buffalo, or leave the designated trails if it says not to (anywhere in the parks). We have enough medical business from those kinds choices already this year. Seriously though this sounds like an amazing trip and I hope some of this information helps.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Where to go in September - by kesepton - 08-02-2018, 07:31 AM
Re: [kesepton] Where to go in September - by meancuznalfy - 08-05-2018, 03:23 AM
Re: [kesepton] Where to go in September - by Belasko - 08-06-2018, 04:27 AM