Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard BFT 4-tilla 10-12-18
[quote fly_fishing_nut]It was great meeting you all today. Sorry I had to have the skunk smell today but I’m getting used to it! I appreciate you showing me that fish can be caught still in Willard. I was starting to wonder. Next time I’ll have to bring my pontoon boat to try and change my luck. Thanks again for the showing me how its done (obviously I still have more to learn).[/quote]

[#0000FF]Glad you could join us Lance. Sorry the Willard fishies didn't treat you nice. As I reflect on potential reasons for your smelly kitty results, I think maybe a big part of it was that the fish are slowing down in the cooler water and were not active enough to want to chase fligs moving a bit too fast. There are some other guys who have done well during warmer times by using their electric motors to drag the flig rigs at speed. But a lot of my hits yesterday came during momentary stops when I quick kicking my fins. In that chillier water sometimes the fish need a moment to catch up and respond to your offerings.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]You need to get tight with FatBiker. He lives close to Willard and fishes it a lot...both from his boat and from his inflated craft. Also, he is a fellow fly flinger. I'm sure he could help you fine tune your approach.[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard BFT 4-tilla 10-12-18 - by TubeDude - 10-12-2018, 10:53 PM
Re: [fly_fishing_nut] Willard BFT 4-tilla 10-12-18 - by TubeDude - 10-13-2018, 11:55 AM