Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek again 2/1
Got up early this morning and hit Lost Creek. Temp in Croydon was 0 degrees. Temp at the parking lot was 5 degrees. Road had been plowed and was dry all the way to the dam. Found my spot again and started catching fish from the get go. Most fish were close to the bottom today, but did catch 4 sight fishing down the hole. The weather was great and it warmed up pretty fast after the sun came up. By noon I was in my long sleeve T-shirt in the tent. Caught lots under the slot cutts and a few bows, only 3 slot fish, and no slot-buster this time. I ended up catching 23 fish today, with lots of lookers but no takers as well on the sonar. I have caught quite a few cutts with a piece of their tail missing like the one in the middle of the picture. Is this something the DWR has clipped to identify a certain planting of fish? Makes their tails into a V-shape. I've never caught fish that have been cljpped this way before. Caught them on all types of offerings today but nothing on small tungsten or ice flies. They just wouldn't hit them. All on jigs or jigging lures.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lost Creek again 2/1 - by Jig-fisher - 02-02-2019, 01:57 AM
Re: [Jig-fisher] Lost Creek again 2/1 - by talyn - 02-02-2019, 04:00 AM