Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transducer issue - trolling motor mount question
I was just wondering if anyone has had any issues mounting a fish finder transducer to the bottom on their trolling motor? I bought a new Minn Kota bow mount trolling motor for my boat this year and I mounted a second transducer for Garmin Striker fish finder to the bottom of the trolling motor. I followed the instructions exactly like Minn Kota recommended to mount it. However, last night (my second trip with this motor and fish finder I put the motor on a spot lock (where the motor uses GPS to keep you in the same position, like anchoring) and after a few minutes the motor had spun in circles causing the cable to wrap around the motor mount and it cut the transducer cable (about $100 to replace, luckily a friend of mine can repair it).

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Any suggestions? I’m thinking about a separate mounting plate and rod or something to mount the transducer to so I can drop it down the other side of the bow, not by the motor. Maybe they sell something like this?

Any advice for a 1 year boat owner would be appreciated.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Transducer issue - trolling motor mount question - by fly_fishing_nut - 03-28-2019, 09:57 PM