Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Deep Structure...DWR Reply
"Do you think those guys drinking in the boat catching the heck out of walleye that day had the overwhelming feeling they were going to catch fish or not? I believe they had that neutral attitude that they didn't care one way or the other and were just out for a good time."

[#0000FF]I have replayed that scenario over in my head many times during the years since. I'm convinced that they did not start their "escapade" with a plan to catch a lot of fish...or any fish. I rather suspect that after lubricating their thought processes one of them with a boat...and a "pole"...suggested the others join him for a "joy ride".
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]It was easy enough to hear and see that none of them were experienced anglers. Spinning reel on top of the rod...turned backwards? You get the idea. I have seen a few such impulse sessions over the years. But they usually turn out worse...with accidents and/or drownings. As I recall, none of them were wearing PFDs. And I suspect that most if not all of them did not even have a fishing license. But that's just me...being judgmental. Dang me.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]You are smack spang spot on in your observation that the proper mental attitude can affect angling success. Having positive expectation and fishing your choice of lures and baits with confidence will always catch more fish.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]The object lesson I took away from that trip was that the Diety looks after the impaired and less fortunate...no matter how stupid and dangerous they might be. I only wish that divine providence was handed out a little more liberally to we who work hard and are more worthy of fishing success. But there are those among us who dismiss that as not recognizing blessings in disguise...that we are being made stronger through challenges...that they build character. I think I am already enough of a character.[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Rockport Deep Structure...DWR Reply - by TubeDude - 06-10-2019, 07:33 PM
Re: [fishday] Rockport Deep Structure...DWR Reply - by TubeDude - 06-11-2019, 03:33 PM