Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of cats at UL
Fished Provo Bay today in my kayak. My usual crew is basking in the sunshine at Bear Lake so I was fishing alone. Entered the water at Swede Lane at about 6:00 and started catching fish right away. Water had just a ripple from the breeze and could not have asked for a better day. Water temp in mid-70s.

I started with carplettes and the cats really went for them... also did well on wb when I ran out of carp. Finally caught a big one. He looked to be just over 30 inches long. I put a tape on him as he, (actually, she) thrashed around between my legs in the kayak and got a rough read of over 29 inches... with a tailgate measurement I was sure he would be my first over 30 incher. The thrashing around between my legs made me a bit nervous (at 77 years old, don't know why) so I put a gripper on him with a leash to tow along side the yak. Worked fine until I finally got back to my take out and had to work through some reeds. Horror of horrors I looked down as I stepped out of the yak and watched my fish zip back out into the depths. The gripper must have snagged on the reeds and popped opened the jaws. I said a few bad words but it did not help.

Anyway, fishing was good today, fist time I have used up all of my bait. Probably caught about 15 or so plus the 36 incher that escaped from my gripper. Ain't fair.[Sad]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lots of cats at UL - by Boatloadakids - 07-20-2019, 10:02 PM
Re: [Boatloadakids] Lots of cats at UL - by r2u2 - 07-21-2019, 03:53 AM
Re: [TubeDude] Lots of cats at UL - by catchinon - 07-22-2019, 01:15 PM