Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB on UL with BLK 8-20-19
[quote Tin-Can]The river current, even slow right now, would move it some. Wouldn't it. I have more spots to try and more tactics to think of and try out.[/quote]

[#0000FF]A bit of current might make the flig wave slowly above the bottom. But a wiggle-jiggle makes it look more like something alive and struggling. And if the fish are sedentary during the day...and not moving around much...casting and slowly retrieving the flig will cover more area and put it in front of more fish.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I have caught fish on a non-moving flig. But I always do better when I am moving or when I impart some seductive motion to the baited flig. On the other hand, I have had reports back from guys fishing both Willard and Utah Lake from shore that did well by simply casting out and letting it sit with the flig holding the bait up off the bottom. Have also heard from others that fligs work great for floating a crawler up above the weeds for trout...kinda like the old marshmallow and worm tactic.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]When the fish numbers are few and the fish are in an inactive or neutral mode, it is tough to catch them on anything. But sometimes changing up your tactics...like using a flig...will be enough to help stimulate a few extra takers.[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
LB on UL with BLK 8-20-19 - by TubeDude - 08-20-2019, 07:17 PM
Re: [Tin-Can] LB on UL with BLK 8-20-19 - by TubeDude - 08-22-2019, 11:36 AM