Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather or not at LB 9-6-19
[#0000FF]Thanks for reading and chiming in. As most of us have guessed, the sudden change in weather (an overnight thunderstorm) affected both the water (stained) and the attitude of the fish. When they get tossed around in a washing machine (Utah Lake with winds) they are likely to be a bit hesitant about resuming normal life for a time. That includes feeding. Instinct tells them to chomp on a food item, but they are still not ready to wolf it down like they would if they were more active.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]When fish are acting like that you need to change out the circle hooks for some good sharp J hooks. And make sure the hook points are exposed and that you don't use too much bait. You want them to get it all in their mouths and then you gotta do some hook setting. Sometimes the advantages of circle hooks are outweighed by their lack of solid hookups when the fish are more tentative.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Yeah, that ER candidate catfish was ugly. Reminds me of what an uncle asked me when I came inside with a bloody nose. "Were you talkin' when you should have been listenin'?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Weather or not at LB 9-6-19 - by TubeDude - 09-06-2019, 09:39 PM
Re: [Piscophilic] Weather or not at LB 9-6-19 - by TubeDude - 09-10-2019, 06:48 PM