Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek or Jordanelle
[quote TubeDude]"Were all them carps present in deer creek back in the flower power hippie days?"

[#0000FF]Oh yeah. It was a hoot watching those poop fish cruising around in the tie-dyed scales, tokin' on rolled algae joints. Their big group "love-ins" in the spring were amazing. Not many people have heard about the lesser known "Carpstock" gathering.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Since you are a fly flingin' carp chasin' fan, I'll pass along this old remembery. Seems a lot of otherwise law-abidin' Deer Creek trout chasers chummed the rainbows to the surface in the evenings by flipping small marshmallows out onto the water. The trout slurped them up...along with some that had hooks in them. As a more frequent fairy wand waver in those days, I liked to present small white trimmed deer hair floaty flies that looked just like the marshmallows. Got plenty of trouty takers too. But on one occasion I had looked away from my fly for a few seconds and when I looked back...it had disappeared into some expanding rings of water. When I tightened up I found myself hooked to a freight train...a big carp.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Had a real tug of war up and down the bank for a while...until it finally decided to join me on the shore. I'd like to tell you I kissed those big lips and sent it back to fight another day. But in those days I was a member of the kill carp contingent. Stomped its head in before releasing it unharmed.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Always been carp in Deer Creek and they are great for sight fishing in the clear water. But they ain't easy. Takes some good stalking and proper presentations. And there are some real tanks in there. But unlike some lakes, the population is held in check by the abundance of hungry mouths. The predators eat enough of the newly hatched carplets every year that the numbers remain pretty stable.[/#0000FF][/quote]
you spin good tales and i bets ya gots mad deer hair skills too
its more of an tug junkie addiction than afishyornados thing
and stupidly easy at times as well as challanging
and the stand up paddle board would be my craft of choice on that water
as it makes it both
1st season i didnt git em there
but i only tried once in the spring high water pre spawn
[Image: SavedImage_0512191143b2_zps342gqenz.jpg]
my first carp on the fly in utah was a helen kellar og belly boat towtruck trollin on a scud trailing a booger with a 5 weight only whippy stick i had
well funny how smokin drags into the backing can form an addiction
ya theres some turbo tanks in there
and id guess the huge amount of people on watercraft per size of water and bow fishers make em extra spooky not to mention the obxonoius annoying 2 stroke water skimming flying para fluing goons
[Image: IMG_9805_zpsfmjomg58.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4786_zpslpoybuu5.jpg]
and clearwaters tougher but sure makes better underwater photos
[Image: DSCN0530_zpst5zl5lvf.jpg]
and mirrors
[Image: IMG_6272_zpsdzdjcqan.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0698_zpswt6gjkis.jpg]
mirrors are cool
there kinda like the special kids and people
speaking with a couple decades worth of animal assisted therapy with our gentle giants fur kids through this fine org.
http://therapyanimals.org/Home.html
and my limited time spent with the NAB
fish are fish
Smiles are Smiles
the pursuit of both is special
if i ever get blessed to fish with my special friends on the special waters
with the special water treatment guys special tank fish
i shall certainly invite you
special things are
specially rewarding
and everbodys challenged in some manner
[Image: 044.jpg]
and while ill never be native
im a proudly utardedly local since back before the turn of the century.
im glad to know lettin them carp go and spawns little game fish predator pounds
wasnt a bad thing
i dont mind a bit of brown bycatch
[Image: IMG_9936_zpsgqkkpmr2.jpg]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Deer Creek or Jordanelle - by Outfishing13 - 10-25-2019, 09:05 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Deer Creek or Jordanelle - by fishskibum - 10-28-2019, 05:50 PM