Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 'Berry Good Veterans Day
After reading so many good reports from Strawberry the last couple of weeks, we decided to make a day trip today, also the first major fishing day out of my new boat. I took my Dad and a friend with me, arriving at Strawberry Marina at a little before 7 am. Was greeted by 21 degree weather and a small breeze. We launched soon after.

We motored over to an area that has always produced well for us ice fishing, and it didn't disappoint. We anchored up and were into fish immediately. Tubes tipped with crawler or sucker both worked and caught lots of fish. Fishing was hot at times with a couple of triples and several doubles. It slowed at the first spot so we moved about 100 yards and anchor up again. Same result, fish on!

At a lull late in the morning we motored out of the area and checked a couple of other spots with only one solo fish to show for it. So we headed back to the original area, anchored up and we were into fish again.

Final tally for the boat for the day, 139 fish. We did not count bites lost or long releases. They had to at least be thrashing next to the boat to count. Almost all were cutts in the slot with the biggest at 21.5". We ended up with 6 bows that came home with us. Jim caught 50, my Dad 35 and I caught the rest. We were back at the truck about 4 pm. We would have been off sooner but I wanted Jim to hit the 50 mark and it had slowed down and took a little while to get there.

I have heard of epic days at the Berry but finally had one ourselves. Man that is a fabulous fishery!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
A 'Berry Good Veterans Day - by Jig-fisher - 11-12-2019, 03:06 AM