Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park Reservoir
We went out to Island Park Reservoir this past weekend. Ice was 8+ inches and growing fast. No slush, 4 in of fresh powder on top of the ice. Air Temp at 7 am was 4F degrees. Water temp was 39F. Worms worked - medium bite.

Left the Auger on the trailer over night. Bad Idea - Struggled to start it for 10 minutes. Luckily the Man and son who set up next to us - offered his Auger, which helped get the morning fishing started on time.

The bite was great between 8 and 9 am - we caught 7 nice fat rainbows all between 15 and 17 inches - all returned to celebrate the New Year's.

After an hour of no bites we called in quits at 10 am.

Later that late afternoon I took my wife on a drive to enjoy the beautiful scenery that Island Park has to offer this time of year - as we drove around we ended back at the reservoir. Not sure how that happens. [cool] Since we were here we may as well walk down and check out those holes and I happened to have my poles with me. Glad I did. Pulled out a 21 in Meatball! Just a fat fat rainbow.

Here is a picture of that Meatball.

My son made a little video of our excursion.

https://youtu.be/_E1DetJo8Lg

[fishon] Take your kids fishing on those crystal clear waters so you don't have to fish for them later in murky waters.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Island Park Reservoir - by Justaguywaworm - 12-29-2019, 09:11 PM