Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake at night?
Mostly at UL I have noticed a negative response to phosphorescence glow jigs. I specifically experimented on crappies and white bass several times. I would be catching them steadily on non glow lures. I would charge up a glow tear with same bait and place it down the hole, nothing touched it for ten minutes. Finally I put original non glow methodology down and it was devoured in seconds. From this I gathered they didn't like glow. Further, I have not caught a single walleye on glow vs many eyes on black or purple type jigs non glow. At mantua, I have only caught one or two bluegill extra after attempting glow jigs. But trout of all species in numerous waters, I've had excellent success with charged glow jigs. I caught many crappies at pine view with glow tears uncharged. I never did attempt to charge them for warm water species after the Ul experiment. It seems some fish like a subtle glow, after the glow fades a bit, it works. I think to some fish, glow seems unnatural, their normal food does not glow. Fish are not as skittish in shallow water as you might think. I've chiseled many holes in Ul and mantua in only 6ft of water and caught fish on the first drop. The pounding it took to make the hole was anything but subtle.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread