Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use the new Bigfishtackle website
(03-02-2020, 08:14 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 06:29 PM)addicted2fishin Wrote: Wow! So we lost all we had built over the years from the old forum? I was one of the early adopters of these forums with a lot of posts over the years and now it shows I'm a 'newbie' with 0 posts, 0 reputation, etc..

Ouch!!!! That really sucks. You would think they would at least import that info from the old boards to avoid losing the long-time people.

Most, if not all of them are still there; however, it is not easy to find them (because they aren't date sorted).  Do a search for threads under your username and you will see a list of your old posts.

Hi Kent, Have you had any success with the "search for threads under your username"? I've tried it and it sort of works, but it finds everything with your username in it (posts, replies, etc) and then it only displays a single page. Are you seeing the same thing? Good news is I was able to find my first post by remembering a distict phrase I put in it. 

Thanks, Pisco

(03-03-2020, 04:22 PM)PiscoII Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 08:14 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 06:29 PM)addicted2fishin Wrote: Wow! So we lost all we had built over the years from the old forum? I was one of the early adopters of these forums with a lot of posts over the years and now it shows I'm a 'newbie' with 0 posts, 0 reputation, etc..

Ouch!!!! That really sucks. You would think they would at least import that info from the old boards to avoid losing the long-time people.

Most, if not all of them are still there; however, it is not easy to find them (because they aren't date sorted).  Do a search for threads under your username and you will see a list of your old posts.

Hi Kent, Have you had any success with the "search for threads under your username"? I've tried it and it sort of works, but it finds everything with your username in it (posts, replies, etc) and then it only displays a single page. Are you seeing the same thing? Good news is I was able to find my first post by remembering a distict phrase I put in it. 

Thanks, Pisco

Oops! "distinct phrase"

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to use the new Bigfishtackle website - by PiscoII - 03-03-2020, 04:22 PM