Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle today, what do you think?
Well Robert, I was one of the boats on Jordanelle this morning. As I drove up the canyon from Provo, the truck and boat ahead of me pulled into Deer Creek State Park. When I arrived at Jordanelle, the electronic sign still said "Wasatch County residents only". No one was at the check in station and I had my State Parks pass so I pulled in. I had printed all the directives and decided that if they gave me a hard time, at least I could argue with documentation. I launched with about 9 other boats. Residence was not a topic of conversation. Did not see a ranger or anyone official the entire time there.

I launched and fished until about 11:30. Got 3 kokes, 2 decent sized and 1 small shaker. Red/pink caught all the fish. Green was ignored. Wind blew me off, but after taking the boat down, the wind seemed to lay down again. I talked to 5 other boats at take out. On 4 of the boats, they had the same as me (2). The 5th boat was not targeting kokanee and had caught 1 brown.

I am pretty sure I did not contract COVID while there (wore mask launching and retrieving) and also pretty sure no one got it from me. Excited to go to Soldier Creek. Hope only a week out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordanelle today, what do you think? - by brookie - 04-22-2020, 07:16 PM