Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle today, what do you think?
(04-22-2020, 10:28 PM)brookie Wrote: Actually, thanks Bob. I appreciated your information. I printed out the links you and others provided on this and previous posts. I read them and made a decision.

Honestly I do not think Wasatch county and the State communicate very well. On Monday, I called the Wasatch County health department and discussed the closure with the person in charge of Wasatch County health. I relayed to her that State Parks, Deer Creek and Jordanelle still had local restrictions that were keeping them closed. Her answer was that Wasatch County has nothing to do with State Parks - she said that is the State's jourisdiction. I let her know that the State had opened the State Parks but respected the local County health directives, so because of Wasatch County's stay in place order the State considered these parks still closed. She said she would look into the situation. On Monday I also called Deer Creek State park and told them I had talked with Wasatch County - their response was "what did they say?" No one is communicating here.

I really think the directive last night was Wasatch county's attempt to comply with the State. It would also be my guess that no one from Wasatch county coummuncated such with the State. Actually I was hoping to see someone at the gate this morning, not to confront, but to initiate communication between the State and Wasatch County. 

Thanks again Bob, I do not feel judged. Sometimes with government, you just need to give them a nudge off the top of the slide to get them moving. Not sure why Duchesne County and Garfield County could get it done and not Wasatch, but that is another discussion.

We are 100% in agreement; there IS a breakdown in communcations between state agencies for sure.   Big Grin

And as of right now (4/22/202 - 5:49 PM), both DeerCreek & Jordanelle are STILL listed as closed to all but Wasatch County residents.  And for the record, there isn't enough money in the state of Utah to make me do fakebook.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordanelle today, what do you think? - by dubob - 04-22-2020, 11:47 PM