Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report Status and New Info
I sent an inquiry to Chris Penne...DWR...asking about the status of the combined 2018 and 2019 Willard Bay Reports.  I expected that the turmoil of the Covid Crud might have an impact on them.  Chris confirmed that but did have some good news on this year's stocking of wipers and walleyes.  Here is his reply to my email:

The Willard report is again on the back burner for a while.  I apologize for that as I know you've been eager to see it.  Like everyone else, Cody has had a lot of juggling to do with his schedule and work priorities during all the Covid stuff.  I do have some news for you though - in addition to the normal stocking of wiper fingerlings that will happen in July or August, Cody and I were able to get a hold of about additional  6,000 7-inch wipers for Willard bay that were stocked April and May (about 3,000 fish during each stocking event).  One of those stockings is on the stocking report, while the other hasn't been entered yet.  In addition, the reservoir is getting stocked today with some walleye fingerlings that were produced during the abbreviated walleye collection efforts this year.  I don't have a final number yet on how many walleye fingerlings there will be and am waiting on a final count from our hatchery folks.

Thanks Chris.

Messages In This Thread
Willard Report Status and New Info - by TubeDude - 05-26-2020, 02:56 PM