Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Convention at Lincoln Beach 6-23-20
Hit Lincoln Beach a little before 6ish.  I knew Catchinon and BLK would be there...and we exchanged pleasantries before I launched.  Craig was just fishing for white bass...for bait.  BLK had his yak...and launched over off the north dike.  Then Pisco and Julie showed up just as I was heading up the channel.  Later FastRandy from Idaho cruised up in his boat...with his furry fur-st mate.  He was just starting.  Hope he did well.  He usually beats them up pretty good in his weedy spot.

Air temp mid fifties at launch.  Water temp 68...warming to 72 by 11 am departure.  Visibility not bad considering all the "zephyrs" we have had last week.  But the fish were still scattered and slow.

Everybody went different directions.  Heard from BLK later that he got a few small cats.  And that was about all I could scratch.  One here and one there...all just over 20...inches, not pounds.  Finally found one small zone of active small cats and eventually netted one or two over a dozen.  Tossed some jigs once in a while and caught a couple of white bass for future bait.

Caught fish in water from 5' to 11'.  A few came on the chartreuse perch snarl blade crawler harness I was dragging in hopes of a walleye.  Cats got no scruples.  Most came on some new models of gorilla fligs wired with snarl blades.  Some on  chartreuse perch with chub minnows.  Others on fire tiger with a gob of white bass fillet.

Got my last bite a little after 10.  Covered a lot of water...S turning from shallow to deep.  Saw some fish on TV but they weren't in the mood.  Hit the ramp about 11 and boogied.
[Image: CALM-LAUNCH.jpg][Image: PISCO-PREPPIN.jpg][Image: FAST-RANDY-FUR-ST-MATE.jpg][Image: KITTY-ON-CRAWLER-RIG.jpg][Image: MINNOW-MUNCHER.jpg][Image: WHITE-BASS-MASS.jpg][Image: SNARL-FLIG-RIG.jpg][Image: MO-BAIT.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
BFT Convention at Lincoln Beach 6-23-20 - by TubeDude - 06-23-2020, 08:49 PM